HR & Recruitment Manager (SY 19-20)
Roseville Community Charter School
About the organization
About Roseville Community Charter School
Founded in 2011, Roseville Community Charter School (RCCS) was created to provide a high quality, college preparatory education to students in the Roseville neighborhood of Newark, NJ. Our mission is to prepare every student for academic excellence while providing a warm, nurturing environment in which all children are supported and thrive. Roseville Community Charter School currently serves 320 students in grades K-4 with plans to expand to K-8 in the future. To learn more about our history and founder, watch our video HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH-cnpcG7fI
About the Opportunity
The HR & Recruitment Manager will work to ensure the school’s HR and recruitment operations runs smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the school community as a whole. This position will be responsible for supporting all of the human resources and talent recruitment functions including recruitment, compensation and benefits management, and HR vendor management. In this role, the HR & Recruitment Manager will report directly to the Director of Operations.
• A Bachelor's degree, from an accredited university/ college, preferably in human resources or a related field.
• 2-5 experience in nonprofit and/or school environment as HR Generalist or Recruiter in an urban school setting.
• Demonstrated an understanding of general human resources areas including HR policies and procedures, employment/labor laws and workers compensation.
• Outstanding knowledge of MS Office or similar applications.
• Advance knowledge of HR systems including ATS, onboarding, performance management and/or payroll.
• Demonstrate a passion for the fields of human resources, talent recruitment and K-12 urban education.
• Highly qualified candidates will possess or be in the process of obtaining a SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential.
Compensation is competitive, commensurate with experience.
Contact email: [email protected]
More about the Hiring Process
Roseville Community Charter School is committed to a rigorous hiring process that seeks to identify high-quality staff members. The hiring process at RCCS is designed to communicate the school’s high expectations, determine candidates’ commitment to urban education and high expectations for all students, and to determine each individual’s proclivity to work relentlessly to ensure that students achieve at high levels.
Location & Residency
This role will be based in Newark, NJ and will require residency in New Jersey within 12 months of full-time hire.
Roseville Community Charter School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job