Houston Fundraising VISTA
Girls Empowerment Network
About the organization
Founded in 1996, Girls Empowerment Network’s mission is to ignite the power in girls by teaching them the skills to thrive and believe in their ability to be unstoppable. Girls in grades 3-12 experience our self-efficacy curriculum at schools, camps, and conferences in Central Texas and Houston.
• Recommend and implement growth plans for the Houston area Girl Advocacy League supporter circle.
o Audit and assess existing giving circle – Girl Advocacy League.
o Review existing giving circle model and recruitment strategy.
o Research best practices for successful Young Professional giving societies.
• Develop a new strategy for recruitment, including structure and membership benefits for the giving circle,
using previous research to make recommendations.
o Create materials for marketing and recruiting new members and retention of established members.
o Revise and update Girl Advocacy League handbook.
• Build upon the groundwork done by the first year to help support robust grassroots level campaigns to
o Audit and assess existing peer-to-peer campaign materials and identify areas of needed
▪ Review existing materials from campaign to consolidate and make more concise.
▪ Research fundraising best practices for peer-to-peer campaigns and compare existing
practices to devise the best strategy for new campaign.
▪ Develop new peer-to-peer campaign using previous research to create procedures, materials,
o Implement and assess campaign effectiveness and provide a report of recommendations for future
o Assess potential to add a “mid level” donor segment in GAL above $100/year threshold.
• Audit and assess existing fundraising vehicles in the Houston market and outline a plan to implement new
• Strong personal alignment with and a commitment to the mission of Girls Empowerment Network.
• 1+ years experience in fundraising, event planning, communications, and/or movement building.
• A leader with a can-do spirit and a natural ability to build positive relationships with other people very quickly.
• A self-starter who embraces new challenges and is internally motivated to succeed.
• Strong communication skills, both in-person and through email.
• Comfortable with and skilled in:
o Trouble-shooting challenges and coming to responsible solutions,
o Balancing multiple deadlines and projects simultaneously to deliver high quality work,
o Working as a part of a team,
o Public speaking and championing the Girls Empowerment Network mission,
o Working with diverse populations, and
o Representing an agency in the community.
• Reliable transportation.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job