Homeless Shelter Director
New Hope Housing
About the organization
Since 1978 New Hope Housing has been providing a comprehensive, innovative array of services to homeless families and single adults. New Hope Housing is the oldest and largest provider of shelter beds in northern Virginia. Grounded in our vision, mission and core values, we offer innovative and lasting solutions to end the cycle of homelessness by providing homeless men, women, and children the services they need to change their lives and succeed. Each of these success stories contributes to a stronger, healthier community for all.
We are looking for a positive, energetic and customer service oriented director to join our team at Eleanor U. Kennedy Homeless Shelter.
Summary of Duties:
The individual is responsible for the management of our homeless shelter in Fort Belvoir, VA. This is a good position for someone who has some management skills and is looking to take their career to the next level as it involves working with several programs.
- Oversees activities focused on employment, life skills, health educations, etc.
- Supervises program staff.
- Monitors staff documentation and provision of services to ensure compliance with contract.
- Strong Spanish verbal ability is a huge plus.
- Master's Degree in social services or related field.
- Some experience working with the homeless and/or people diagnosed with behavioral health and substance abuse disorders.
- Some management of programs and people.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule.
- Willingness to undergo background check.
- Current Driver’s license and good driving record.
60,000 - 65,00 + Robust Benefits Package including 100% Employer Paid Medical + Dental; Tuition Reimbursement
Contact email: [email protected]
Please send resume to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply