High School Personal Finance Teacher (2020-21)
About the organization
RePublic Schools is a network of high-performing public charter schools based in Nashville, TN and Jackson, MS with a mission to reimagine public education in the South and prepare all of our scholars to graduate from college. In addition to providing a world-class traditional academic curriculum, we empower our students to be change-makers by teaching them to code – starting in the 5th grade.
Despite the fact that our scholars come from traditionally underserved communities (approximately 85% identify as low-income, and nearly 95% as students of color), we have seen them defy the odds to achieve outstanding results. RePublic’s schools in Tennessee have scored in the top 5% of all open-enrollment public schools across the state for both student growth and absolute achievement – making ours the first charter schools in state history to achieve this dual distinction. In 2015, RePublic launched the first public charter school in Mississippi history.
Get results. Ensure that students are growing. Continually plan lessons and analyze data to push scholars to master rigorous content.
Never stop growing. Offer and receive constructive feedback from colleagues in order to create a professional working atmosphere that aspires to excellence and is conducive to constant improvement; dive humbly into school-wide and individual professional development, including pre-service training over the summer and weekly sessions during the academic year.
Bring it. Have stamina and the ability to set and achieve ambitious goals, and handle the intensity required to bring your best self to a high-performing school environment where the stakes are high for kids.
Own your content. Create rigorous curriculum aligned to RePublic’s academic model and Common Core Standards, do the intellectual prep needed to deliver rigorous instruction, and develop and demonstrate a genuine passion for your content area that is contagious to scholars.
Deliver strong. Dynamically lead students in whole-class and small-group settings, cultivate intellectual curiosity and a love of learning in scholars, and adjust using qualitative and quantitative data to ensure student understanding and meet differentiated student needs.
Be the teammate you want next door. Emanate optimism, bring up the daily happiness quotient of the people around you, share feedback to solve problems, and reflect on how your actions impact others.
By the time that employment begins, all teachers must have a Bachelor’s degree
By the time that employment begins, all teachers in our schools must meet certification requirements. There are a few ways to meet this requirement:
Hold a valid Tennessee teaching license and possess the correct content endorsements needed to teach the particular content
Hold a valid teaching license that has successfully been transferred from another state that offers reciprocity with TN
Enroll in state-accredited Alternative Certification Program pursuing certification and be eligible for recommendation of licensure by district or program
Prior Experience. Prior experience teaching History, experience teaching in a low-income community, and a demonstrated ability to raise achievement levels of traditionally underserved students highly preferred. Ability to demonstrate a deep commitment to addressing historic inequity along lines of race + class in the American South required.
Placement. High School Personal Finance Teachers will teach 9-12th grade at RePublic High School.
Compensation. Salary is competitive with local district and partner charter organizations, and commensurate based on prior experience in education. Compensation at RePublic includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Contact email: [email protected]
Interested? To apply for this position, please submit a resume and an optional cover letter: http://republiccharterschools.org/careers
Questions? Contact us: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job