High School Band Director
About the organization
Henderson Collegiate is a mission-driven public college preparatory school located in rural Henderson, NC with an unrelenting focus on character development and student achievement.
Our school serves students that come from traditionally underserved communities (approximately 85% receive free or reduced lunch, and about 90% are students of color). However, we consistently rank in the top 4% of all North Carolina Public Schools.
At Henderson Collegiate, we believe in 51% character and 49% academics, as we will never sacrifice a moment to teach our students character traits that will help them become great people.
We are both a team and family who leverage passionate people to be the best teachers and leaders that they can be. We work beside each other to make what most people say is impossible, happen.
For the 2019-20 school year we are looking for someone who is passionate about music to fill our High School Band Director role. If you have a love for music and want to share that love with kids, consider applying for this role!
- Have stamina and the ability to set and achieve ambitious goals, and handle the intensity required to bring your best self to an extended school day in a very high-performing school environment.
- Own and develop your own content and curriculum. Do the intellectual preparation needed to create and develop rigorous assessments, unit plans, lesson plans, and instructional materials.
- Dynamically lead students in whole-class and small-group settings, cultivate intellectual curiosity and a love of learning in students, and adjust instruction using qualitative and quantitative data to ensure student understanding and meet differentiated student needs.
- Develop, uphold, and implement Henderson Collegiate’s values, policies, and systems to effectively manage a classroom and consistently lead students to meet sky-high academic and character-based expectations.
- Offer and receive constructive feedback from colleagues in order to create a professional working atmosphere; dive humbly into school-wide and individual professional development, including pre-service training over the summer and weekly sessions during the academic year.
- Build deep relationships with students, families, and staff to foster a culture of joy and community.
Required: All candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree.
Preferred. Prior experience teaching and working in a low-income community is preferred but not required
Benefits: Salary is competitive and commensurate based on experience. Additionally, Henderson Collegiate offers a full benefits package. Teachers receive a laptop computer and are provided with classroom technology and software
A teaching license or degree is not required to begin teaching at our school, however all hires must be willing to work toward teacher certification.
Contact email: [email protected]
Submit an application online here- https://hendersoncollegiate.hiringplatform.com/processes/29116-high-school-band-director?locale=en
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job