Healthy Food Access Coordinator VISTA
St. Vincent de Paul of Baltimore
About the organization
KidzTable is a social enterprise of St. Vincent de Paul of Baltimore. This means that we are mission-driven rather than profit driven. At KidzTable, we believe that all children and families should have access to healthy and nutritious foods so that they may lead healthy, happy, and productive lives. We specialize in partnering with community-based agencies that care for low-income youth such as Head Start programs, afterschool and summer meal programs, day care centers, and homeless shelters by providing nutritious and delicious meals at an affordable cost.
KidzTable produces 9,500 meals a day for low income youth and families. We focus on providing high quality, great tasting, and nutritious meals using fresh ingredients and making extensive use of seasonal and local produce.
The Healthy Food Access Coordinator VISTA will carry out three important components of our food access efforts.
1. First, she/he will conduct outreach to out of school time programs in high Free and Reduced Meal (FARM) school districts to determine those with the capacity to and interest in serving these meals. This part of the work requires strategic thinking, research, follow through, repeated communication with prospective meal sites, and follow through.
2. Secondly, the Healthy Food Access Coordinator VISTA will be part of the team to ensure that meal programs at sites are being carried our properly by training site coordinators, conducting site reviews and collecting meal count information for federal and state reports. These monitoring visits include ensuring that St. Vincent de Paul’s own Head Start sites (6) and our homeless shelters (s) are also carrying out the federally funded food programs correctly too.
3. Finally, the Healthy Food Access Manager will assist the Healthy Food Access Director in several other priority projects as needed.
Some college. college degree preferred.
Also experience in some of these skill areas would be helpful:
1. Community organizing/ significant volunteer experience;
2. Detail oriented and skilled at collecting and making sense of program data; 3. effective verbal and written communication;
4. Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
5. Good team member.
see link below
Contact email: [email protected]
Please follow the link in the space above. If there are questions about the position, please contact Kathy Shulman at [email protected] or by calling 410-982-0852.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job