Health Sciences Research Specialist/Coordinator, Core Team
Seattle Epidemiologic Research and Information Center
About the organization
Are you interested in helping to improve the healthcare of our United States Veterans through meaningful work in a collaborative environment? The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Cooperative Studies Program (CSP) is a nationally renowned program of 12 epidemiology and clinical trial research centers that produce innovative and effective solutions to Veteran and national healthcare problems through multi-site research studies.
The Seattle Epidemiologic Research and Information Center (ERIC), is hiring a full-time Research Coordinator who has experience with and enjoys supporting research operations. This position will be part of a dynamic team that supports research activities for all Center studies. This position is based in Seattle, WA at the VA Puget Sound Health Care System.
Working with research staff to support day-to-day operational and study activities for the Center, including:
1. Performing data collection, data entry, data quality control as described in research protocols
2. Creating and maintaining study and Center databases
3. Coordinating research mailings for study participant recruitment and enrollment
4. Developing study materials and standard operating procedures
5. Collaborating with study teams to maintain required regulatory documentation and manage IRB submissions
6. In collaboration with CSP centers, developing Center-wide and CSP-wide research operational documents and procedures and fostering collaboration among study teams
7. Preparing reports and presentations for local and national research meetings
8. Training research staff on human subjects research requirements
9. Supporting Center research quality control and safety efforts through proper documentation, tracking, and maintenance
10. Providing support to Center PIs and study teams as needed
1. BA/BS or higher degree in a scientific- or health-related field required
2. 1-4 years of work experience in clinical, epidemiological, or health services research required
a. If BA/BS, >3 years of research-related experience required
b. If higher degree, 1-2 years of research-related experience preferred
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of researchers and staff
4. Experience with customer service, particularly by telephone and e-mail
5. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
6. Solid problem-solving and critical thinking skills
7. Excellent time management skills
8. Ability to adapt to changing priorities and timelines
9. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required
Contact email: [email protected]
Candidates must be U.S. citizens. Education and experience will be evaluated by Human Resources to determine if the top candidate meets the criteria for the targeted GS-09 level. The General Schedule (GS) salary table for Seattle can be found on the Office of Personnel Management website at opm.gov.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Applications received without a cover letter will not be considered. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and will be reviewed in the order they are received.
Diversity enriches research and promotes the best healthcare. We are committed to building and sustaining an equitable and inclusive environment for our Center. We encourage individuals whose backgrounds or interests align with this commitment, as well as individuals from all backgrounds that are underrepresented in research, to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply