Health Sciences Research Coordinator, Core Team
VA CSP Seattle Epidemiologic Research and Information Center (ERIC)
About the organization
Are you interested in helping to improve the healthcare of our United States Veterans through meaningful work in a collaborative environment? The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Cooperative Studies Program (CSP) is a nationally renowned program that produces innovative solutions to Veteran and national healthcare problems through multi-site research studies.
The VA CSP Seattle Epidemiologic Research and Information Center (ERIC) is hiring a full-time Research Coordinator who has experience with and enjoys supporting data quality, management and biostatistics efforts in research. This position will work under the supervision of the Core Team Project Manager to support the ERIC Data and Biostatistics Teams’ activities across all Center studies. This is a newly created position and offers the opportunity to help define the role. This position is based in Seattle, WA.
Work with staff to support day-to-day activities for the ERIC Analytics Team, including:
1. Track team initiatives and documents; organize and manage team shared files
2. Coordinate and participate in team quality assurance activities:
a. internally audit activities related to proper work standards implementation
b. solicit feedback and facilitate collaboration on team standards development
c. create and maintain standard operating procedures, job aids, and work instructions
3. Track the time the team spends on projects and maintain proper documentation; run reports as requested
4. Submit and track Data Access Request applications
5. Manage grant and IRB submission details including tracking due dates and staying current on proper documentation
6. Assist with study manuscript preparation including figure formatting and editing
7. Serve as Data and Biostatistics Teams’ point of contact for study teams
8. Coordinate team meetings and discussions, including maintaining meeting agendas and notes
9. Coordinate professional development presentations by managing topic lists, ensuring regular scheduling, and taking meeting notes
10. Serve as administrator on project and task software by following up on software issues, and running reports as requested
11. Assist with staff hiring and onboarding efforts in support of the team
1. BA/BS or higher degree in a scientific- or health-related field required
2. 1-4 years of work experience in clinical, epidemiological, or health sciences research
a. If BA/BS, 1-4 years of research-related experience required
b. If higher degree, 1-2 years of research-related experience preferred
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of researchers and staff; ability to manage team dynamics in the context of multiple projects and deadlines
4. Ability and desire to work independently as well as in a collaborative setting
5. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
6. Solid problem-solving and critical thinking skills
7. Excellent time management skills
8. Ability to adapt to changing priorities and timelines
9. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required
10. Familiarity with project management/tracking software (Github, Jira, etc.) preferred
11. Familiarity with statistical concepts and/or programming language (SQL, R, SAS, STATA etc.) preferred
Contact email: [email protected]
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Applications received without a cover letter will not be considered. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, materials received by 01/10/2022 will be considered first.
Diversity enriches research and promotes the best healthcare. We are committed to building and sustaining an equitable and inclusive environment for our Center. We encourage individuals whose backgrounds or interests align with this commitment, as well as individuals from all backgrounds that are underrepresented in research, to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job