Health Sciences Research Assistant/Research Coordinator, Core Team
Seattle Epidemiologic Research and Information Center (ERIC) Veterans Affairs
About the organization
About the Seattle ERIC and VA CSP:
The Seattle ERIC is a research center within the VA Puget Sound Health Care System that works to improve the healthcare of Veterans through epidemiologic research. We are part of the VA CSP, a national VA research group of 12 epidemiology and clinical trial research centers.
Learn more at:
Seattle ERIC website: https://www.seattle.eric.research.va.gov/
VA CSP website: https://www.vacsp.research.va.gov/
Working with staff to support day-to-day operational activities for the Center, including:
1. Setting up meetings, taking meeting notes, data entry, data quality control, coordinate research mailings, and other research support duties
2. Assisting with the development of study materials, IRB documentation, and standard operating procedures
3. Assisting with the coordination of engagement activities, including scheduling Center events
4. Assisting with the development of Center research operational documents and procedures
5. Coordinating Center travel arrangements in support of research operations
6. Completing and maintaining necessary research documentation for VA travel
7. Scheduling and preparing for local and national research meetings and assembling documents
8. Assisting with staff hiring and onboarding efforts in support of research studies
9. Supporting Center research quality control and safety efforts through proper documentation tracking and maintenance
10. Assisting with maintaining and updating study databases
11. Providing research support to Center PIs, researchers, and study teams as needed
1. BA/BS or higher degree in a scientific- or health-related field required
2. 1-4 years of work experience in clinical, epidemiological, or health services research required
a. If BA/BS, 1-4 years of research-related experience required
b. If higher degree, 1-2 years of research-related experience preferred
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of researchers and staff
4. Experience with customer service, particularly by telephone and e-mail
5. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
6. Solid problem-solving and critical thinking skills
7. Excellent time management skills
8. Ability to adapt to changing priorities and timelines
9. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required
Contact email: [email protected]
Candidates must be U.S. citizens. Education and experience will be evaluated by Human Resources to determine if the top candidate meets the criteria for the targeted GS-05 through GS-09 range. The General Schedule (GS) salary table for Seattle can be found on the Office of Personnel Management website at opm.gov.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Applications received without a cover letter will not be considered. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, materials received by 10/06/2021 will be considered first.
Diversity enriches research and promotes the best healthcare. We are committed to building and sustaining an equitable and inclusive environment for our Center. We encourage individuals whose backgrounds or interests align with this commitment, as well as individuals from all backgrounds that are underrepresented in research, to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job