Health Science Research Specialist/Coordinator for VA-DOD Study
Seattle Epidemiologic Research and Information Center, Veterans Affairs
About the organization
About the Seattle ERIC and VA CSP:
The Seattle ERIC is a research center within the VA Puget Sound Health Care System that works to improve the healthcare of Veterans through epidemiologic research. We are part of the VA CSP, a national VA research group of 12 epidemiology and clinical trial research centers.
Learn more at:
Seattle ERIC website: https://www.seattle.eric.research.va.gov/
VA CSP website: https://www.vacsp.research.va.gov/
Key duties for the position include working with CSP #505 Study Chair and Project Manager to support day-to-day operational activities for the study, such as:
• Support research by setting up meetings, taking notes, data entry, data quality control, etc.
• Assist with development of study materials and IRB documentation.
• Maintain and update study data documentation and tracking databases.
• Provide support to investigators engaged in CSP #505 projects.
• Facilitate projects using VA-DOD data by contributing to protocol construction, literature reviews, and manuscript drafting.
• Create reports and correspondence as needed to meet the aims of the study.
• Participate in meetings and teleconferences as needed; travel to national meetings as required.
• BA/BS or higher degree in a scientific- or health-related field required.
• 1-4 years of work experience in clinical, epidemiological, or health services research required.
• If BA/BS, 1-4 years of research-related experience required.
• If higher degree, 1-2 years of research-related experience preferred.
• Demonstration of strong public relations and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of VA and DoD researchers.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to adapt to changing priorities and timelines, detail oriented.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (e.g., Word, Excel, Teams) is required; experience with statistical software is desirable.
Contact email: [email protected]
Candidates must be U.S. citizens. Education and experience will be evaluated by VA Human Resources to determine if the top candidate meets the criteria for a GS-7 or GS-9, per the Office of Personnel Management General Schedule table at opm.gov.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, materials received by October 14, 2021 will be considered first. Only complete applications will be considered.
Diversity enriches research and promotes the best healthcare. We are committed to building and sustaining an equitable and inclusive environment for our Center. We encourage individuals whose backgrounds or interests align with this commitment.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job