Health Information Systems Specialist
About the organization
Research Triangle Institute (RTI) has over 70 years’ experience assisting governments, communities, and the private sector. As a not-for-profit, independent research institute based in North Carolina, RTI has roughly 6,000 employees with global experience implementing international development projects.
The Global Health Division is seeking a Health Information Systems (HIS) Specialist to support program management, information systems, data analysis, and business development activities. The HIS Specialist will provide program management and technical expertise on various USAID-funded projects and activities; technical assistance on health information systems; and data collection, quality, use, and visualization.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of relevant experience or Masters degree and 6 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated success leading technical activities for USAID and/or other development partner-funded health projects.
- Background in infectious diseases data management, preferably malaria.
- Demonstrated experience supporting data collection, management, analysis, and use, including working with common software platforms.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of data management, statistical analysis, and GIS.
- Experience with R and GIS (QGIS preferred).
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of stakeholders.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral presentation communications skills.
- Experience supporting winning USAID proposals preferred.
- French language skills preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job