Health Financing Fellow
Last Mile Health
About the organization
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. Last Mile Health is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Last Mile Health, we make bold commitments that inspire innovation. Do you have a record of working with partners to make bold financial commitments to healthcare? If so, you may be our next Health Financing Fellow.
As the Health Financing Fellow reporting to the Director of National Community Health Systems, you will be groomed to become an expert in the field of health financing through engaging in practical hands on exercises as well as theoretical training programs. After one year, the Health Financing Fellow will develop the knowledge and skills required to mobilize resources and build solutions related to the sustainability of the National Community Health Assistant program in Liberia. Over time, this person will serve as a principal liaison to the Ministry of Health (MOH) in the area of health financing and will work in direct partnership with the MOH to expand health sector financial resources.
What You'll Do
- Support MOH and the Ministry of Finance and Development Planning (MOFDP) partners to design and implement tools and processes for improved resource mobilization, allocation, and management for Liberia’s National Community Health Assistant Program, including costing models and financial projections.
- Lead resource mapping and review funding channels to identify and understand areas for potential resource mobilization and acquisition.
- Prepare recommendations for financial sustainability for MOH and MOFDP
What You'll Bring
- Commitment and excitement to become a leading expert in Health Financing within the Liberian context.
- Several years of professional work experience in related to health system strengthening and/or Public Health.
- Fluent in English and excellent verbal, and written communication skills
You'll impress Us If
- You have previous experience and knowledge of Liberian national and county-level government accounting policies, procedures, and systems
- Masters in Public Health or related field, with training in health economics preferred
Please apply using the link above. We look forward to hearing from you.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job