Guidance Counselor / Social Worker
Lakeside International School
About the organization
Lakeside International School is a private, independent institution offering a high quality bilingual (English/Spanish) education in Guanacaste, Costa Rica.
Lakeside's mission is to prepare students to be academically successful, capable of transferring their knowledge and skills to new challenges, while being confident of their ability to succeed. Through an active partnership with families and the community, we strive to effectively recognize, celebrate, and develop each student’s unique talents to the fullest extent. Academic excellence and commitment to the global community is emphasized. We offer a broad and challenging educational program to students from diverse cultural backgrounds, in an atmosphere of cooperation, creating a learning community amongst students, parents, faculty and the community at large.
• Support the daily psychological and social emotional needs of students in individual and group settings
• Provide support for students in crisis or challenging situations
• Teach daily Guidance class focusing on a wide range of life skills and social-emotional skills
• Provide parent outreach, assisting parents in problem solving and supporting their students
• Support teachers in creatively thinking through behavioral issues
• Bachelor or advanced degrees in psychology, social work, sociology, counseling, or other related fields
• Proficiency in English (preferably bilingual English/Spanish. If not, should be willing to learn Spanish)
• Willingness to act as Homeroom Teacher, Tutor and / or participation in extra-curricular programs
• Good health
• Energy and enthusiasm to go that extra mile
Contact email: [email protected]
For interest in the position and application materials, please email [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply