Groups Account Manager
About the organization
For almost 50 years, Earthwatch has connected people from around the planet with world-class scientists to help change environmental policies, achieve critical conservation goals, and produce groundbreaking findings. We support real objective scientific fieldwork while connecting people to the environment in a personal and often profound way. Our participants contribute directly to urgent global environmental issues and have the adventure of a lifetime in the process.
Each and every staff member genuinely believes in our mission. The work we do isn’t just a job; it’s about ensuring a brighter future for our planet. We are passionate, committed to excellence, and supportive of one another - and we love science! Plus, we occasionally get to go out into the field to collect data and be a part of cutting edge hands-on field science.
• Meet organizational sales targets for groups through development and execution of long term sales strategy
• Track projected number of group participants and projected gross margin on a quarterly basis
• Prospect leads via phone, email, and in-person at conferences/events
• Create a process-driven approach to convert leads into sales
• Manage and steward these relationships to retain repeat customers
• Deliver world class customer service for each partner throughout the sales and expedition-planning process
• Collaborate with the Communications/Marketing team to create new and engaging content for educators
• Continue to refine your sales skills and techniques through professional development
Candidates from different professional and educational backgrounds can succeed in this role. If the statements below resonate with you, please apply!
• 5 or more years of sales and/or account management experience with track record of results
• Exemplary customer service, interpersonal and relationship-management skills
• Outstanding verbal, written and public speaking/presentation skills
• Innovative and creative problem-solver, always looking to unlock new opportunities
• Flexibility to respond to changing priorities and shift your schedule in order to respond to customer needs
• Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines
• Detail-oriented while never losing sight of the big picture
• Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and a driven team player
• Passion for getting students and teachers involved in field science
• Knowledge of educational/experiential learning programs and/or working with schools
• Experience with relational databases (such as Customer Relationship Management - CRM)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and Adobe Creative Suite
• Willingness and ability to work occasional weekends for travel, conferences and partner visits
Contact email: [email protected]
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job