Graphic Designer, Communications
Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI)
About the organization
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI’s Communications team works across the organization to share information and deliver key messages to a wide array of internal and external audiences, including staff, partners, the media, and the public.
The Communications team is seeking a Graphic Designer to help shape the visual voice of the organization. We need a versatile creative who is looking for the opportunity to work across a variety of mediums and platforms. The role will support the organization with development of high-quality graphics for a variety of external and internal materials including CHAI’s website and social media, reports, presentations, webinars, and more. As a member of CHAI’s Communications team, the graphic designer will work across the organization to support program, country, and operations teams with graphic design and other visual design needs to share CHAI’s work and other information with key audiences.
Develop high-quality, sharable graphics to support CHAI’s program, country, and operations teams;
Creatively develop new ideas to visually display CHAI’s work to internal and external audiences;
Ability to translate complex ideas into compelling infographics across multiple platforms;
Create a suite of template materials for consistent and professional use throughout the organization, including power point presentations, two-pagers, letterhead, etc.;
Organize and maintain graphics archive;
Design and produce digital assets including web banners, social media graphics, short videos, logos, etc.;
Execute the design and layout of monthly internal and external newsletter;
Update and manage CHAI’s website, when necessary;
Ability to provide suggestions and ideas to improve design
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in graphic design or related field of study;
- 3-5 years of professional experience;
- Keen eye for creative design;
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills;
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines;
- Experience in working, or ability to work, in a fast-paced, quick-turnaround environment;
- Ability to synthesize and translate complex issues visually;
- Strong relationship builder, with an ability and experience in fostering relationships with multiple staff on other teams;
- Willingness and aptitude for quickly learning new skills and processes;
- Ability to design visually appealing documents;
- Ability to work collaboratively and think proactively;
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, and Acrobat.
- Experience with digital communications strategy, including social media, email, and website management;
- Knowledge of HTML and/or web design;
- Experience with photography.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job