About the organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
The Grants Officer will be responsible for overseeing the grants program for the USAID Thailand CTIP program. S/he will ensure compliance with Winrock and donor regulations and conduct due diligence on potential sub-grantees. S/He will be responsible for developing, reviewing, and compiling financial, administrative, and other documentation as it relates to the grants procurement and management processes.
- Work with the operations and program staff to develop requests for proposals, support grant recipients with finalization of scopes of work, action plans and budgets before signing grant agreements
- Conduct pre-award assessments, coordinate review and document findings to inform the final selection decisions for grantees and sub-contractors
- Lead and facilitate the formation and activities of grants review panels consisting of multi-disciplinary teams with relevant expertise and expertise
- Coordinate preparation of all necessary documents for grants, subawards and subcontracts for review and approval by the Home Office and the donor
- Draft grant agreements for internal reviews and liaise with the partner on signing
- Ensure that grantees understand grant agreement requirements (financial, reporting, etc.)
- Organize and facilitate portions of post-award orientations for subrecipients
- Review grantee inputs including financial reports and technical reports, ensuring that grant agreement requirements are met
- Track grant progress, working with technical team to ensure necessary amendments and close out procedures are timely, efficient, and compliant
- Ensure overall compliance with Winrock and funder policies
- Ensure timely internal review and clearance of all financial documentation and reporting associated with grants
- Ensure timely and accurate payments are made to partners throughout life of the sub-grants
Degree in economics, accounting, business administration, public administration, or related field.
A minimum of 4 years of experience working in project coordination and grant management for NGOs/INGOs
Experience on USAID-funded projects preferred
- Sound knowledge of international donor financial and accounting regulations and procedures
- Strong workflow management skills; flexibility; good interpersonal and organizational skills for coordinating a variety of tasks simultaneously; attention to detail; team player
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, databases) required
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
- Willingness to travel
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job