GRANTS & CONTRACTS ASSOCIATE
World Resources Institute
About the organization
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address six critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water and sustainable cities.
* Manage and support all subgranting under TAF
* Ensure that through the life of a subgrant, program staff have the tools and information to ensure proper governance and compliance with funder requirements
* Review partner organizational assessments and make recommendations for additional monitoring controls based on a high, medium or low risk categorization
* Work with Program staff to plan high-integrity procurements and establish contracts that ensure value for money.
* Perform risk-based reviews of selected subgrantee financial reports and backup.
* Maintain and enhance the subrecipient monitoring tracking system and notify relevant staff of due dates of all required audits and works with G&C and program staff to ensure timely collection and review of all subgrantee audits
* Provide training to program staff on the accurate selection of agreement type, and preparation of Requests for Proposals, agreements and amendments
* Ensure that the closeout of subgrants is timely and efficient; that all required documents are obtained and filed; and that subgrantee files meet legal and auditing requirements
* Review and approve grant, contract, and amendment requests to ensure application of WRI policies and sound agreement formation.
* Regularly scan for weaknesses or prospective strength in areas of responsibility and advise G&C Director of such, including steps taken or proposed to improve.
* Three+ years of relevant, full-time work experience
* Master’s degree preferred, or bachelor's degree with two+ additional years of relevant experience
* Grant or Contract administration certification preferred
* Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
* Attention to deadlines and detail-oriented, particularly with respect to donor agreements, contracts and other legal documents
* Strong MS Office skills
* Salesforce and/or SharePoint experience
* US work authorization is required for all WRI US opportunities. WRI cannot offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job