Grants and Contracts Analyst
About the organization
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. We seek to realize the potential of a digitally connected world: a world in which evidence-based information advances human progress, enables broad opportunity and accountability, and fuels vibrant civic debate.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. We have proudly incubated hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped these partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
The Grants & Contracts and Subgrants Analyst (GCA/SGA) reports to the Senior Director of the Grants and Contracts Department and supports overall administration of proposals, awards, acquisition contracts and procurements of goods, and assistance subawards, including pre-award due diligence and analysis, subgrant award execution, and post-award monitoring, in compliance with prime funder requirements and Internews policy. As an administrative support position, this role also requires excellent written communication that provides friendly, supportive, creative solutions and guidance to programmatic counterparts.
To view the complete job description, please visit our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1375
- Understanding of and experience with administration of US Government (USG) grants, cooperative agreements and contracts; experience with US Agency for International Development (USAID) awards highly desirable.
- Experience with administrative systems of international Non-Governmental Organizations (highly desirable).
- Experience monitoring recipients of USG and other funding sources (highly desirable).
- Experience in administration of procurement of goods and services, including development and evaluation of RFPs/RFQs (helpful).
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent critical analysis skills.
- Creative and cooperative problem-solving skills for complex situations.
- Advanced computer skills. Proficiency in current versions of MS Office with emphasis in Excel.
- Strong database management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- University degree OR equivalent professional experience.
US $60,000 per annum
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1375
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job