Grants and Contracts Analyst / Subgrants Analyst
About the organization
At Internews, we believe everyone deserves trustworthy news and information to make informed decisions about their lives and hold power to account. We train journalists and digital rights activists, tackle disinformation, and offer business expertise to help media outlets become financially sustainable. We do all of this in partnership with local communities – who are the people best placed to know what works.
We support independent media in 100 countries, from radio stations in refugee camps, to hyper-local news outlets, to individual activists and reporters. We’ve helped our partners reach millions of people with quality, local information that saves lives, improves livelihoods, and holds institutions accountable.
The Grants and Contracts Analyst / Subgrants Analyst (GCA/SGA) reports to the Director of the Grants and Contracts Department and supports overall administration of proposals, awards, acquisition contracts and procurement of goods, and assistance subawards, including pre-award due diligence and analysis, subgrant award execution, and post-award monitoring, in compliance with primte funder requirements and Internews policy. As an administrative support position, this role also requires excellent written communication that provides friendly, supportive, creative solutions and guidance to programmatic counterparts.
To learn more, please visit our Careers page.
- University degree OR equivalent professional experience
- Understanding of and experience with administration of US Government (USG) grants, cooperative agreements and contracts; experience with US Agency for International Development (USAID) awards highly desirable
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent critical analysis skills
- Creative and cooperative problem-solving skills for complex situations
- Advanced computer skills; proficiency in current versions of MS Office with emphasis in Excel
- Strong database management skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
NOTE: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- Experience with administrative systems of International Non-Governmental Organizations (highly desirable)
- Experience monitoring recipients of USG and other funding sources (highly desirable)
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job