Government Liaison & Technical Lead
About the organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
The role will serve as thematic expert for trafficking in persons, lead project activities to enhance counter-trafficking responses to various types of TIP and improve the availability and quality of assistance to all victims, including men, women, children. The role will also serve as the primary liaison with the Government of Vietnam, and work with key stakeholders at the national and sub-national levels in policy formulation, advocacy, capacity strengthening, partnership development, as well as MERL.
- Lead the development and implementation of technical strategies and activities related to TIP identification, prevention, survivor assistance, stakeholder coordination, and livelihoods development in accordance with project objectives and best practices
- Build the capacity of staff and partners on TIP-related subjects as needed
- Lead the development and execution of interventions related to building local capacity and increasing engagement in target provinces to recognize a greater variety of forms of trafficking, develop proactive victim identification and strengthened victim assistance, and produce and share evidence for policy development and implementation with government counterparts
- Provide expert technical advice on human trafficking to the Chief of Party, project staff, and project partners.
- Provide training and technical assistance to project partners, government officials, and other organizations.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships within the Ministry of Labor, Invalids, and Social Affairs, Border Guards, Ministry of Public Security, and Women’s Union
- Support government initiatives to implement national and international recommendation to mitigate and address human trafficking, including the “Program on human trafficking prevention and combat during 2021-2025, with orientations toward 2030”
- Represent Winrock to government officials, project partners, and other audiences as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in international development, law, human rights, social science, or related field.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
-, At least 5 years of experience designing/implementing counter trafficking initiatives and/or studying trafficking in Vietnam
- In-depth knowledge of TIP laws, guidelines, and initiatives in Vietnam
- Previous experience leading training and/or technical assistance around TIP in Vietnam
- Previous experience working on international donor-funded projects preferred
- Understanding of social, economic, and political context governing counter trafficking in Vietnam
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Vietnamese
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job