Government Engagement Specialist
About the organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
The USAID Thailand CTIP Activity is in its sixth year of implanting counter-trafficking activities in Thailand. Over the next four years, the Activity will build off its previous work and the accomplishments of partners and counterparts to address the root causes of trafficking in persons (TIP), advocate and protect vulnerable populations from trafficking and abuse, prevent at-risk populations from risky migration, and assist the Royal Thai Government (RTG) in reforms needed to effectively combat trafficking and support victims.
- Work with the Chief of Party, project technical staff, and RTG representatives to identify shared objectives and priorities, develop joint activities and continuously monitor their implementation.
- Represent the USAID Thailand CTIP project and coordinate all technical activities related to building and management of engagement with RTG, including managing proactive and consistent communication with government partners.
- Conduct stakeholder analysis, develop engagement strategy for relevant government agencies, at both national and subnational levels, for each of the project objectives.
- Establish and manage communications and partnerships with RTG and local agencies.
- Work closely with government at national and sub-national levels to assist them in implementing and monitoring their counter-trafficking interventions.
- Explore with relevant government partners potential capacity strengthening support, including technical trainings and overall organizational development.
- Support staff and partners in the effective delivery of activities in partnership with relevant government agencies
- Collaborate with government officials, local NGOs, and other key stakeholders to improve policy formulation and advocacy toward more effective prevention, protection, and partnerships in addressing TIP in the country.
- Support initiatives to strengthen national networks and cooperation mechanisms to combat TIP.
- Minimum of six years of professional experience in a technical role implementing CTIP or human rights programming.
- Extensive experience working with relevant RTG agencies as well as local and international NGOs addressing the prevention of TIP or related field and protection of survivors.
- Degree in human rights or a related field.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Thai required.
- Demonstrated ability to build capacity and provide technical support to governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations pertinent to labor migration and human trafficking in Thailand.
- Ability to work independently without requiring detailed guidance.
- Strong time management skills, ability to design, implement and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and operate on tight deadlines.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job