Global Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Coordinator
About the organization
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. We seek to realize the potential of a digitally connected world: a world in which evidence-based information advances human progress, enables broad opportunity and accountability, and fuels vibrant civic debate.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. We have proudly incubated hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped these partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
The Global Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Coordinator will work to support all research and evaluation activities for the Rooted in Trust project at Internews, and will coordinate team research leads, data analysts and information managers to ensure best practices for qualitative data collection and analysis are followed and to ladder up learnings and trends for sharing with the larger humanitarian and health community.
The Rooted in Trust project aims to disrupt and mitigate the flow of misleading, inaccurate or malign information for vulnerable populations affected by humanitarian crises during COVID-19. We work in: Sudan, Mali, CAR, Colombia, Lebanon, Philippines, and Afghanistan.
The Global MERL Coordinator will focus on all aspects of research and learning for this program. There will be a strong emphasis on creating externally-relevant reports related to intervention-related learning and observations based on a multi-country response in the midst of a global pandemic.
This is a short-term, full-time consultancy with an anticipated end date in February 2021. This position is fully remote, and candidates from any geographic area are welcome to apply. For more information, please visit our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers
- Master's degree in social science, anthropology, media development or equivalent preferred;
- Experience in conducting baseline surveys, longitudinal studies, and largely qualitative analysis;
- Experience conducting research into media access/trends, audience information access preferences or barriers preferred;
- Strong knowledge of social media and/or interest in mis/disinformation preferred;
- Experience in using innovative approaches to deliver findings to communities;
- Ability to track various workflows while meeting deadlines and ensuring others meet deadlines;
- Knowledge and skill in working with databases and processing and analyzing data from multiple sources;
- Data visualization skills are a plus;
- Ability to write analytical reports, clearly presenting both data and review;
- Familiarity with various research methods, both qualitative and quantitative;
- Ability to work as part of a cohesive team, bring forward creative solutions to problems and maintain and commitment to excellence and camaraderie;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish an advantage;
- USAID or USG M&E experience is strongly preferred.
To apply, please visit our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1286
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job