Global Impact Strategy Analyst/Manager
One Acre Fund
About the organization
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
About the role
The role of the Impact Analyst/Manager is to make the entire Impact Division a more efficient and powerful engine for improving farmer livelihoods. You'll: 1) improve knowledge flow and management across the Impact Division; 2) improve communications, internally and externally, to motivate people around all aspects of our impact; 3) lead strategic research or operational projects; and 4) increase the reach and effectiveness of Impact Division leadership.
This role will report to the Global Impact Director. Specific responsibilities include:
• Improve Impact Division Communication & Coordination:
• Help set and track progress against global and program-specific impact goals;
• Manage historical impact knowledge and ensure quality of study results ;
• Set agendas and support participants for the monthly Working Group meetings to make them more effective ;
• Support field teams through needs assessment, dedicated support, or recommendations for resource allocation.
• Motivate people around our impact
• Increase visibility of our impact work by partnering with our communications team to increase frequency and quality of impact-related communications.
• Lead strategic research or projects. Specific projects will depend on candidates background and interests, organizational priorities, bandwidth of implicated teams, and timing, but might include:
• Innovation Research - Research opportunities for expansion areas or for radically new/improved services.
We are looking for an impact-oriented professional with 3+ years of relevant work experience and a passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
• University degree in Agriculture or a related field (e.g. Ecology, Environmental Science). Advanced degree is a bonus.
• Strong verbal and written communication across a wide range of audiences - from non-technically-trained colleagues to external experts.
• Able to advise on trial or study design. Basic knowledge of R preferred.
• Experience building trust and understanding he motivations of different individuals and teams from diverse contexts in order to to bring them together to collaborate.
• Leadership experience, whether at outside of formal employment.
• Strong organization skills and ability to keep the trains running on time, while managing several diverse tasks.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results quickly and independently
• Enthusiasm for learning and an openness to feedback.
• English required. Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, or French a plus.
• Willingness to travel within the region is preferred
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/xgsx4cmwxh589dy9
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job