Global Field Operations Associate
One Acre Fund
About the organization
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
One Acre Fund is now operating field programs in nine countries. To support our vision to transform the lives of 10 million farm families by 2030, we must grow our newer countries of operation and work together across vast geography. Alongside other global departments, the Global Field Operations Associate will spread best practices across contexts, promote collaboration between in-country staffers, and accomplish high calibre projects, improving the efficiency and efficacy of our field program globally. This is a chance to take strategic leadership of our field programs across a variety of countries, and contribute to our work on a global scale.
Specific responsibilities include:
• You will identify cross country projects that can be implemented, and prioritizing and scoping those projects. Projects should export key learnings, and being replicable and needed across multiple contexts.
• You will scope and plan projects in close coordination with the country team, and then perform them with an extended period of in-country support, and help the in-country team to measure and support the project.
• Specific examples of projects include:
o Build performance management systems for field teams.
o Reimagine repayment strategy for multiple teams.
o Standardize expansion planning approaches and support teams to set their strategy for scale.
Promote Collaboration between Field Operations Team
• You will support collaboration between in-country Field Operations leads across all program contexts to ensure transfer of new ideas, and avoidance of repeating errors.
• Specific examples of project work include:
o Plan and maintain monthly FOPs leads working group
Provide Flexible Support
• You will provide in-country support for teams when they require uplifts in bandwidth. This work should not exceed ~30-40% of the Associate's and should aim to similarly harness best practices and efficiencies from across the organization, and put into place long-term solutions.
• Examples of past in-country ad-hoc support include:
o Develop a professional development syllabus for Zambia
o Provide prepayment improvement support in Tanzania
Specific qualifications include:
• 2+ years of work experience
• Project management: Design and implement complex projects to success
• Growth mindset: Enthusiasm for learning, feedback and improvement
• Results-oriented: You set goals and take ownership of driving towards them
• Cross-cultural fluency: You will collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
• Strong educational background; minimum Bachelor's Degree
• Willingness to travel to rural locations, and to be based in Kigali, Rwanda
We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/wpc8dpq4269kwbn9
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job