Girl Scouts Communications Manager
Girl Scouts of West Central Florida
About the organization
The Girl Scouts of West Central Florida serves nearly 21,000 girls and nearly 8,500 adult members throughout Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Marion, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk & Sumter counties. Girl Scouting is more than just cookies and camping – Girl Scout activities assure girls a chance to discover, connect and take action. Through programs including science and technology, business and economic literacy, and outdoor and environmental awareness, Girl Scouting provides girls with opportunities for fun and friendship, while fostering the development of leadership skills and self-esteem. Girl Scouts offers programs that encourage girls to push boundaries, test limits and develop their leadership potential. Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place.
Brings the Girl Scout brand to life by managing all phases of the council marketing and communications strategy resulting in a constant and meaningful presence with members and in the community. Primary responsibilities include content development, project management, and public relations.
• Writes press releases, feature stories, bios, program guide content, marketing emails, advertisements, talking points, key messages and PowerPoint presentations.
• Ensures the highest standards and brand consistency established by Girl Scouts of the USA through writing, editing and coaching council constituents.
• Collects and pitches stories or articles highlighting accomplished Girl Scouts, alumnae, Troop efforts of significance, and other stories which highlight the Council programs and our mission.
• Develops strategic press materials and messaging that support council all efforts.
• Develops social media editorial calendar. Stay up to date on best practices and emerging trends.
See posting at gswcf.org for full details.
• Bachelor's degree in a communications field (i.e. marketing, communications, advertising, journalism, public relations, or related) or four plus years of directly related work experience.
• Internship or volunteer experience in a related field is preferred. Related fields may be public relations, advertising, marketing, journalism, communications.
• Experience with email marketing campaign systems such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, MyEmma, MailChimp etc., preferred.
• Strong writing, project coordination, and creative problem-solving skills. (Feels like 3 separate things.
• Ability to establish and grow media relationships and opportunities.
• Adept at representing the organization to diverse audiences on camera, on air, and in person.
• Attentiveness to details in respect to writing, proofreading, managing deadlines, and scheduling your workload.
• Knowledge of social media platforms including writing, editing and driving customer engagement.
• Proficiency in Microsoft 365 and Critical Mention or similar media monitoring tools. Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom and InDesign a plus.
• Ability to occasionally work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
Starting at $40,000
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job