Equitable Facilities Fund
About the organization
Equitable Facilities Fund (EFF) (formerly Charter Impact Fund) is a nonprofit social impact fund that’s on a nationwide mission to help high-performing charter schools spend more money on students and less on the costs of borrowing for their facilities. We offer school leaders simple and much-needed access to low-cost, long-term loans, combined with support from an expert team that has walked in their shoes.
To date, EFF has committed over $175 million to schools that are making a big difference for over 20,000 students, providing them with funding and assistance to amplify their impact. Recently, EFF recapitalized on the bond market, allowing us to scale our fund significantly over the coming months and years.
If you’re seeking to have community-level impact on a national scale, apply to join our team!
The General Counsel will have the exciting opportunity to make an immediate impact at EFF – and on the national public charter school sector as a whole – as a senior member of its dynamic, growing team. The GC will oversee all legal work related to EFF’s lending, bond offerings and other financing, exempt organization status, governance, intellectual property, employment, contracting, licensing and other corporate compliance issues. Our ideal candidate will energetically and enthusiastically approach the sometimes-ambiguous work of a startup, will contribute to building a collaborative, team-oriented culture of excellence, and will innovate alongside our entrepreneurial team.
Supporting EFF’s governance activities
Supporting EFF’s lending activities
Supporting EFF’s financing and tax-exempt bond offering activities through related LLC
Leading general counsel and compliance work
The General Counsel should be a driven, savvy, high-achieving professional with expertise in the complicated mechanics of public finance and tax-exempt bond offerings. Experience with non-profit lending and/or charter school facilities is strongly preferred. Other qualifications and qualities include:
• 10-15+ years of legal experience
• 7+ years of public finance legal experience
• Legal expertise in real estate, construction, entitlements, liens, etc., strongly preferred
• Experience working with 501(c)(3) non-profits (as clients or as an employee) strongly preferred
• Warm and approachable while being highly engaged
• Significant experience building strong relationships with and effectively managing outside counsel
• Excellence with project management of complex deals and documents
• Ability to produce high-quality work product under tight deadlines
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills
• Track record of meeting and exceeding aggressive goals
• Driven to develop, motivate, and inspire all members of the team
• Extraordinary communication skills
• Ability to collaborate across functional areas
• Thrives when working in a fast-paced, evolving environment on complex, high-impact initiatives
• Thrives in start-up setting and enjoys innovating with a team of educational entrepreneurs
• Solution-oriented mindset
• Highly detail- and team-oriented
• High degree of integrity and authenticity
• Travel will be required 20-25% of the
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job