Fundraising and Communications Assistant - Fall 2019
About the organization
AMAR U.S. was founded in 2010 to rebuild lives in the Middle East, primarily working in Iraq. After an exciting decade of providing a wide range of humanitarian services from health care to emergency relief, AMAR will be re-branding this fall to focus on livelihoods, empowerment, and human rights. Since 2010 our team has implemented livelihoods, empowerment, and human rights programs in almost every governorate of Iraq and the KRI. During this time, we have proven our ability to deliver programs within a dramatically evolving political and security landscape. Our model is centered on the use of local people, partners, and purchases wherever possible. This approach is cost effective, supports the local economy, and permits easy access to communities with nominal security concerns. It also ensures our programs receive local buy-in and are appropriate to the local cultural context. This has enabled us to tackle highly sensitive rights and empowerment issues such as combating gender-based
Start Date: September to December 2019
Location: 1601 R Street NW, 2nd Floor, Washington DC 20009
To Apply: Please e-mail a cover letter and CV to [email protected], with the subject line ‘Fall 2019 Fundraising Assistant Application’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and all complete applications will be acknowledged. Applications not submitted directly to the [email protected] email account will be considered incomplete and disqualified.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Assist with the development and planning of AMAR U.S. fundraising events;
• Assist with daily maintenance and management of eCRM database;
• Manage and maintain Google Ad Grant;
• Create social media and digital content for AMAR U.S. awareness and fundraising campaigns;
• Assist with the maintenance of the AMAR U.S. website and social media platforms;
• Maintain and develop knowledge of Middle Eastern development issues;
• Prepare presentations of AMAR projects in a variety of formats – PowerPoint, briefing reports, etc.;
• Attend meetings and events relevant to AMAR areas of interest, taking notes and drafting official minutes where appropriate;
• Arrange travel, meetings, and appointments; and
• General administrative and other ad hoc tasks.
KEY QUALITIES AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
• Some event planning experience, particularly fundraising events;
• Interest in digital media creation, fundraising, philanthropy work, and communications;
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, specifically Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
• Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills;
• Ability to work independently, with good planning skills, time management, attention to detail, and an ability to prioritize; and
• Commitment to core human rights values, tolerance, and diversity.
• Strong writing skills, with the ability to produce high-quality work to deadlines and to balance multiple commitments in an organized and efficient way;
• Experience in graphic design and digital media creation, particularly the Adobe Creative Suite or comparative design software;
• Some familiarity with eCRM software, such as Salesforce;
• Experience copyediting, with specific attention to detail;
Contact email: [email protected]
Please e-mail a cover letter and CV to [email protected], with the subject line ‘Fall 2019 Fundraising Assistant Application’.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply