Fund Development Coordinator
Community Water Center
About the organization
Community Water Center (CWC) acts as a catalyst for community-driven water solutions through organizing, education, and advocacy. We seek to build and enhance leadership capacity and local community power around water issues, create regional movements for water justice in California, and enable every community to have access to safe, clean, and affordable drinking water.
At CWC, we believe that safe, clean, and affordable water is a human right, not a privilege. Our organizing and advocacy work, community collaborations, and organizational culture all reflect a concern for equity, mutual respect, appreciation for diversity, and environmental and social justice. We are looking for candidates who share our values, who bring a willingness to
contribute to our mission and to the growth of a new organization, and who are open to
developing their skills. CWC currently has offices in Visalia, Sacramento and Watsonville.
The Fund Development Associate is primarily responsible for the implementation of
organizational and fund development activities from the Watsonville office. This position will require occasional travel and ability to work evenings and weekends to accommodate
fundraising activities, such as events, funder tours and funder deadlines. This position reports to the Director of Strategic Partnerships and other CWC personnel, independent contractors, allies and vendors. This is a regular, exempt, full-time, salary position.
● Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, sales or a related
● Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
● Detail-oriented and ability to manage multiple deadlines at a time
● Proficient in Microsoft and Google Office Suites
● Proven ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced office environment and meet
● Ability to accept praise and critical feedback – the ideal candidate would value self-improvement and seek evaluation
● 2+ years experience in fundraising
● Fluent in Spanish (written and oral)
● Strong passion for and commitment to social and environmental justice
● Experience working with low-income communities and/or communities of color
● Experience working in the Central Valley and/or Salinas Valley
● Familiarity with key environmental justice issues in California
● Graphic design skills
● Web design skills
● Video editing skills
● Photo editing skills
Starting at $50,000; based on experience and qualifications
Contact email: [email protected]
Email your resume and cover letter to Christina Marquez, Administrative Assistant at [email protected] and note Fund Development Coordinator
position - [your name] in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job