Fund Development Coordinator
Community Water Center
About the organization
Community Water Center is an environmental justice nonprofit that works alongside under-resourced communities of color to secure universal access to safe and affordable drinking water in California. We believe access to safe and affordable drinking water is a basic human right, not a privilege. CWC seeks to build an enduring movement for water justice that is powered by community activists by serving as a catalyst for community-driven water solutions through organizing, education, and advocacy
The Fund Development Coordinator will have the opportunity to use valuable fundraising and relationship building skills to support a successful and effective non-profit organization focused on access to clean water. Key projects include grant writing and reporting, donor cultivation and appreciation, planning and managing events, using data and metrics to gauge effectiveness, and building relationships with philanthropic partners. This position will require occasional travel (when it is safe and allowed) and ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends to accommodate fundraising activities, such as events, funder tours and funder deadlines. This position reports to the Director of Strategic Partnerships and will work with other CWC personnel, independent contractors, allies and vendors. This is a regular, exempt, full-time, salary position.
● 2+ years experience in fundraising or other relevant experience
● Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse socioeconomic, professional and cultural backgrounds
● Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills
● Excellent professional writing skills with the ability to tailor written products in varying lengths and subjects based on the target audience
● Detail oriented and thorough
● Ability to prioritize most pressing work and rearrange priorities as needed
● Ability to manage your own time effectively and track progress on projects
● Proficient in Microsoft and Google Office Suites
● Ability to work in a collaborative environment and effectively cooperate with other team members
● Ability to accept praise and critical feedback – the ideal candidate would value self-improvement and seek evaluation
● Have or be willing to receive COVID-19 vaccination
● Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, sales or any other relevant focus that centers effective communication, relationship building, systems change and project management
● Strong passion for and commitment to social and environmental justice
● Experience working with low-income communities and/or communities of color
● Experience working in the Central Valley and/or Salinas Valley
● Familiarity with key environmental justice issues in California
● Graphic and web design skills
● Video and photo editing skills
Starting at $65,000; based on experience and qualifications.
Contact email: [email protected]
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter to Christina Marquez at [email protected] and note Fund Development Coordinator position - [your name] in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job