Front Desk Access Coordinator
About the organization
HealthRIGHT 360 gives hope, builds health, and changes lives for people in need. We do this by providing compassionate, integrated care that includes primary medical, mental health, substance use disorder treatment and re-entry services.
This position will be based at our Tenderloin Health Services clinic which is located in the historic Glide building in the Tenderloin neighborhood of San Francisco. It is a vibrant, fast-paced, dynamic clinic that seeks to provide care in non-traditional models and is determined to meet clients "where they are at" by employing harm-reduction methods and continuous judgment-free unconditional care.
Schedules medical clinic appointments and directs calls throughout the agency.
Assists with enrolling patients into HSF (Healthy San Francisco) program, Medicaid (Medi-Cal) and Covered California.
Makes follow-up calls for providers; calls to confirm “next day’s appointments”.
Greets and provides customer service to patients, guests, clients, and vendors.
Communicates clearly on the phone and accurately takes and delivers messages.
Works at other locations when needed.
Performs general administrative tasks; filing, organizing, data entry and billing.
Assists in maintaining computerized appointment system or other assigned system.
Processes patient/client data entry for company electronic systems in accordance with guidelines established by HealthRIGHT 360 to satisfy internal and external evaluating and confidentiality requirements.
Assists and directs callers and visitors to appropriate employees and departments.
Is able to work in a team-oriented environment.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Prior experience in front desk reception, administrative and/or customer service
· Exhibits a professional demeanor, and can discreetly handle sensitive and confidential information and ability to work under pressure
· Strong organizational, interpersonal, listening, speaking and written communication skills
· Ability to assist callers and visitors in an approachable and welcoming manner
· Ability to work effectively with all levels and types of employees, management, clients and guests
· Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of a team
· Ability to multi-task and work well independently and under pressure in a fast-paced environment; detail-oriented
. Ability to follow direction
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook and Word) and internet applications
· Experience working with staff and volunteers
· Working knowledge of computerized medical scheduling and billing systems
· Knowledge of HIPAA regulations
· Excellent attention to detail, ability to work independently and strong organizational skills
· Commitment to working with diverse communities, including communities of color, homelessness, and users of illegal substances, HIV/AIDS patients and persons with mental health concerns
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent
· 2 years experience working in a medical front office setting
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job