Financial Specialist - Note: This is a Term position for 2 years; however, the appointment may be extended for up to a maximum of 5 years. Federal benefits included.
Corporation for National and Community Service, AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps
About the organization
AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC) is a full-time, team based residential program for men and women ages 18 to 24. The program is designed to strengthen communities and develop leaders through direct, team-based national and community service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), is an independent Federal agency that helps millions of Americans improve the lives of their fellow citizens through service. Working hand in hand with local partners, we tap the ingenuity and can-do spirit of the American people to tackle some of the most pressing challenges facing our nation.
The Financial Specialist executes and monitors regional financial activities. Serves as a liaison with the Office of the Chief Financial Officer concerning financial matters. Primary duties include:
• Provides advice, guidance, and oversight to Region staff and Corps Team Leaders and Members regarding resources for securing goods and services.
• Monitors and executes the Region’s budget in accordance with Corporation and Federal rules, regulations, policy and procedures.
• Upon receipt of regional budget allocations, enters allocations and sub-allocations data into the budget system. In consultation with the Lead Financial Specialist, allocates various funds into sub-categories.
• Certifies the availability of funds for requested expenditures.
• Monitors the spending of obligated funds and de-obligates funds, as appropriate, to ensure the efficient use of funds.
• Reviews travel vouchers to ensure consistency with GSA, Corporation, or other related rules and regulations.
• Maintains fiscal records. Generates monthly reconciliation reports, tracks and reconciles all funding documents.
• Participates in the annual budget forecasting and acquisition planning processes.
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience (paid, unpaid, or volunteer work) comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-07 level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is that which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Specialized experience must include all of the following: 1) Work experience executing or monitoring an organization's budget; 2) Work experience entering data into an accounting/financial system(s); and 3) Work experience reconciling financial transactions.
If you are qualifying based on education alone, you must have a master's or equivalent graduate degree; or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work. You must submit an unofficial copy of your college transcript.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please send your current resume together with your proof of noncompetitive eligibility and transcript, if applicable, to: Charlene Alexander: [email protected] thank you.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply