Financial Management Specialist
United States Peace Corps
About the organization
Top Reasons to Work for Peace Corps! -- (1) Voted in the top 10 Best Places to Work in the Federal Government for mid-size agencies in 2017, (2) the Peace Corps has a unique global mission. (3) Benefits include higher salary caps than the Federal standard with (4) quicker step increases. (5) Peace Corps employees earn non-competitive eligibility after 3 years of service and (6) have the opportunity to pursue leadership development opportunities and many more ... established through President Kennedy's call to service; the Peace Corps asks applicants what you can do for your country ... and the world.
This position is located in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer. This position will serve as Financial Management Specialist with responsibility for performing a variety of duties required in the financial transactions control and utilization of funds for assigned programs or organizations. The Financial Management Specialist performs the following major duties:
• Primary responsibility for the collection and tracking of specialized data organized and maintained to meet specific program or project requirements, specifically maintenance of Volunteer Readjustment Allowance funds, Volunteer personnel actions, and Personal Service Contractor (PSC) contracts, full range of payment invoices, disbursement documents, and other supporting and financial documentation.
• Conducts detailed examination of transactions and researches for required information.
• Plans and manages standard financial disbursement activities, such as billing, invoice review, check cancellation requests/credits, and disbursement of Government funds.
• Provides technical payments and financial guidance in answering a variety of customer inquiries; refers customers to supervisor or senior specialists to resolve complex problems.
• Interprets and applies pertinent regulations and style manuals governing written communications in order to prepare written materials which communicate the intended information.
This vacancy is being announced at two (2) grade levels:
Qualifying experience for the FP-7 level includes one year of specialized experience at least equivalent to the FP-9 or GS-5 grade level which is in or directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience includes: Experience applying policies, procedures, regulations, funding sources, budget and/or financial practices, and guides; Experience using automated financial database/reporting systems to enter, correct and retrieve factual information and compile reports; Experience applying concepts and principles of financial management functions.
Qualifying experience for the FP-5 level includes one year of specialized experience at least equivalent to the FP-7 or GS-7 grade level which is in or directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience includes: Experience applying policies, procedures, regulations, funding sources, budget and/or financial practices, and guides; Experience using automated financial database/reporting systems to enter, correct and retrieve factual information
FP-7: $49,655 to $72,921 per year (with promotion potential to an FP-5 $62,133 to $91,245)
Contact email: [email protected]
Please apply to the USA Jobs vacancy announcement at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613295200
If you are an RPCV with NCE, please email your resume to [email protected] to express interest in this position AND apply to the RPCV/RPCRV Non Competitive Eligibility Program (https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590161000).
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job