Financial Counselor - Workforce Development
About the organization
BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From Infants to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences.
• Financial counseling of Jobs Plus members with range of income levels, helping them achieve financial stability and mobility; measuring impact with specific weekly, quarterly and yearly goals.
• Review and complete financial health assessments and financial questionnaire, and complete financial service plan and other financial assessments and functions as required and deemed appropriate.
• Manage a caseload required per year, helping members to achieve at least one financial outcome
• Maintain confidentiality of member information and provide administrative support by maintain member records, inputting data into database, arranging appointments, track sessions, generating status reports, outcome reports, unique accomplishments and follow-up appointments.
• Assist in supporting placement strategies in collaboration with other units of Jobs-Plus to help promote and encourage member retention and advancement.
• Conduct individual meetings with members to support, guide and encourage them to meet their financial goals.
• Assist in organizing and facilitating weekly workshops, team-building and other events (i.e. financial fitness club).
• Assist as needed, to provide Department, Program and Asst. Director to ensure efficiency and quality program delivery including administrative reporting requirements.
• In collaboration with the Program Director and Asst. Director, lead outreach and general marketing to the c
• Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree
• Prior work experience with low income communities preferred
• Financial fitness counseling experience; preferred (you must be committed to taking a CUNY Personal Finance course, as mandated by NYC’s Office of Financial Empowerment)
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round. Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave and a pension plan that is 100% employer paid.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job