Financial Coach, CFS
United Way of Miami Dade
About the organization
We all have a stake in creating a healthy and prosperous community. That’s why at United Way of Miami-Dade we’re working to create opportunities for a better life for all. We focus on the things that everyone needs for a good life: a quality education that leads to a stable job, enough income to support a family through retirement and good health.
We bring together the people and organizations from across the community who share in our vision and have the energy, passion, expertise and resources to get the work done. They are essential to our success and the success of our community.
We invite you to join us in this work. Lend your hand, your voice, your heart. Give. Advocate. Volunteer. That’s what it means to Live United.
• Provide direct service including conducting trainings and one-on-one coaching, aimed at helping others build financial capability, change financial behavior, and achieve financial goals.
• Conduct and coordinate intake and holistic assessments of individual and family clients
• Educate clients on the value of financial capability services and engage clients in a longer-term coaching relationship as appropriate
• Assist clients in identifying and addressing current financial opportunities and challenges, while providing a holistic perspective on overall financial stability in order to help clients move towards proactive financial management and long-term success
• Develop individualized financial stability plans in collaboration with clients, assisting with goal-setting, money management, savings, credit building, debt management, utilization of financial services and products, tax preparation, benefit screening, employment services, etc.
• Identify and refer participants to other community resources and services, as needed, to achieve clients’ financial goals
• Identify, cultivate and maintain effective relationships with key providers of other community resources and services, coordinating efforts as needed in order to maximize client impact
• Review financial plans to identify needs/gaps
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required with major course work in business, management, social services, or related fields
Experience Requirements: Experience and demonstrated success in serving at-risk and/or low-to-moderate income populations. Experienced and comfortable communicating one-on-one and with small groups of people on a variety of financial and miscellaneous topics.
Other Essential Knowledge/Skills: Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Strong customer service skills required. Ability to function in a team environment. Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish preferred.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job