About the organization
Co-op Dayton is a nonprofit organization that seeks to create a more equitable and sustainable local economy by developing cooperative businesses that meet community needs, that are rooted in and accountable to community, and that offer dignified jobs through shared ownership. Co-op Dayton currently provides business technical assistance and community outreach and organizing for more than ten cooperatives in development in Dayton, including the Gem City Market.
The Finance Manager will play a key role in our organization by helping us to maximize our social impact with our financial resources and to sustainably grow our staff and programs. The Manager will be responsible for tracking our finances, updating our books, and reporting to our grantors. The Manager will also participate in the cooperative business development process by providing technical assistance to co-ops, specifically with financial models, analysis, and training. Because Co-op Dayton is a democratic workplace, the Manager will also help to develop the organization’s vision and strategy alongside other staff and stakeholders.
The responsibilities of the Finance Manager are as follows:
- Record financial transactions
- Maintain financial records
- Update financial statements
- Analyze prior year budgets
- Develop and update the annual budget
- Prepare financial reports for grantors
Cooperative Business Development
- Provide technical assistance with financial models and analysis
Key skills and qualifications for the Finance Manager role:
• Attention to detail and accuracy, excellent data entry skills, and the ability to clearly communicate complex financial data
• Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger as well as thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP
• Proficiency in Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel, and Google Sheets
• Preference for a certificate or degree in accounting, finance, or a related field, or proven experience as a bookkeeper
Key skills and qualifications for employment at Co-op Dayton:
• Deep commitment to racial and economic justice
• Self-motivation and personal accountability
• Organizational skills, including the ability to create transparent and systematic workflows
• Willingness to commit energy and heart to a startup community organization
• Eagerness to learn and build with us, flexibility, and humor
People of color, women, those with disabilities, LGBTQ and gender nonconforming applicants encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Contact email: [email protected]
Cover Letter and Resume
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply