Finance Manager, Republic of Congo
Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS)
About the organization
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a US non-profit, tax-exempt, private organization established in 1895 that saves wildlife and wild places by understanding critical issues, crafting science-based solutions, and taking conservation actions that benefit nature and humanity. With more than a century of experience, long-term commitments in dozens of landscapes, presence in more than 60 nations, and experience helping to establish over 150 protected areas across the globe, WCS has amassed the biological knowledge, cultural understanding and partnerships to ensure that vibrant, wild places and wildlife thrive alongside local communities. Working with local communities and organizations, that knowledge is applied to address species, habitat and ecosystem management issues critical to improving the quality of life of poor rural people whose livelihoods depend on the direct utilization of natural resources.
Full job description at: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25965&siteid=5168#jobDetails=601352_5168
• Directly responsible for the accounting team in Brazzaville and the first-line technical support for field accountants
• Support the DAF in the management of the treasury, including the whole accounting of the mission in order to ensure the smooth running of operations at all times and maintaining as much control as possible on financial risks. This position is responsible for:
o Reviewing daily accounting
o Maintaining relations with bank
o Conducting weekly petty cash verification including surprise cash verifications
o Ensuring management of Brazzaville safe
o Verifying monthly bank reconciliation
o Managing the cash flow of the program
o Following up with employees and tracking opened advances
o Follow-up and reconciliation of accrual accounts
o Follow-up and lettering of pending accounts
o Managing accounting archives and setting up a clear archiving system
• Participate in the management of funding agreements with donors and in providing regular and adequate indicators to monitor the financial health of the mission.
• Providing relevant cost analysis and accurate cost data for personnel and supplies to assist in accurate budget preparation
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration, accounting major preferred. MBA, CPA, or other equivalent certification a plus.
• Demonstrated ability in the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures.
• French and English language fluency.
• Significant experience with the financial management of government and agency grants and contracts, experience with US Government grants and EU a plus.
• At least five years of experience, with at least 2 years managing a financial area for an international corporation or not profit organization.
• Excellent computer and systems skills required with respect to MS Office applications (advanced skills in MS Excel required) and major financial accounting and reporting software (SAP or equivalent)
• Willingness to travel to field sites
• Experience working in a developing country setting.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as strong analytical skills.
• Proven managerial skill and ability to work in a team setting within an organization.
Contact email: [email protected]
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications, skills and experience, should apply by emailing a detailed application/cover letter and CV together with the names and contact information of three references to: [email protected] Please include “Finance Manager, Republic of Congo” in the subject line of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Application Deadline: 15 April 2021
Start date: As soon as possible
WCS is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value.
EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled – END
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job