Finance and Office Manager
Great Peninsula Conservancy
About the organization
Great Peninsula Conservancy is the regional land trust for all of Kitsap County, north Mason County, and west Pierce County, Washington. The organization is comprised of eight employees who work to acquire and steward ecologically valuable lands in our region and provide opportunities for people to appreciate the shorelines, streams, and forests that make our region an amazing place to live. With over 1,000 acres in ownership and another 1,100 under conservation easement we represent the needs of our 800 members and the general public. Join a dynamic team dedicated to protecting wildlife habitat and connecting people with nature.
• Work closely with the executive director to ensure the organization remains fiscally strong.
• Maintain accuracy of internal books and reporting.
• Manage GPC’s financial transactions and bank accounts.
• Develop, implement and maintain effective financial/accounting policies, procedures and internal controls in compliance with GAAP and applicable OMB Circulars.
• Work closely with the executive director to develop GPC’s annual budget and track performance.
• Oversee GPC’s annual audit and preparation of IRS Form 990.
• Provide oversight of a contractual bookkeeper.
• Prepare payments for approval and signature.
• Process payroll and administer vacation leave, personal leave and retirement benefits; oversee preparation and filing of quarterly payroll tax returns.
• Oversee reconciliation of bank accounts; reconcile financial records with donor database.
• Project and monitor cash flow and take or recommend appropriate action as needed.
• Provide regular financial reports to GPC-sponsored community groups.
• Manage all administrative aspects of day-to-day operations, including mail handling, maintenance of technology, and purchase of office supplies.
• Assist executive director in the preparation of board meeting packets.
• Oversee risk management, including insurance coverage, compliance, and organizational policies and procedures.
• Administer all personnel functions associated with hiring of new employees.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business management, finance, or a related field.
• 2 years of experience in accounting/finance, preferably for a nonprofit corporation.
• Proficient in QuickBooks or similar accounting software.
• Understanding of GAAP, fund accounting, financial reporting, and budgeting.
• Proficient in MS Office programs.
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
• Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Valid WA driver’s license and ability to perform out-of-office errands.
• Commitment to the mission of Great Peninsula Conservancy.
DOE $45,000 - $55,000
Contact email: [email protected]
Please send a resume and cover letter.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job