Finance and Compliance Officer
Education For Employment
About the organization
Education for Employment (EFE) is an affiliated network of locally-run non-profit organizations that creates economic opportunity for youth in the Middle East and North Africa. Young people in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) face significant obstacles to finding a job, and the impact of their bleak employment prospects is felt not only by the youth themselves, but by their families, communities and societies as a whole. Education For Employment’s (EFE) mission is to create economic opportunity for unemployed youth in the Middle East and North Africa by providing world-class professional and technical training that leads directly to jobs and entrepreneurship support. EFE strives to empower youth with the skills and opportunities they need to build careers that alleviate poverty and create a better future for themselves, their communities, and the world.
The Finance and Compliance Officer will report to the Director of Finance, Compliance and Administration, and will manage the day to day implementation of finance and sub-awardee compliance activities for the organization. The Finance and Compliance Officer will conduct assessments of and provide capacity building support to affiliate organizations. This is a full time position based in Washington, DC.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or closely related field with 5 to 7 years relevant work
experience or Master’s Degree with 5 years relevant work experience;
• Experiential knowledge of FAR, AIDAR, ADS, and relevant OMB circulars;
• Experience working on financial, administrative, and compliance management in a multi-funder
environment including US government and private foundation grants and contracts;
• Knowledge of procurement requirements (market research, negotiation memoranda, purchase memos,
cost and price analysis, file maintenance, contracts, etc.).
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
• Prior experience in proposal budget preparation and understanding of different pricing models and financial presentation;
• Willingness to travel to affiliate offices in the Middle East and North Africa as needed (approximately 25% time);
• Demonstrated ability to effectively to work with a diverse team, with attention to mentorship and professional development of staff;
• Self-motivated and organized with attention to detail;
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
• Knowledge of French required, and Arabic preferred;
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize assignments, and meet multiple deadlines; and,
• Previous experience with international nonprofit organization is required.
Contact email: [email protected]
IMMEDIATE OPENING. To apply, please send a cover letter, résumé, to: [email protected]
Please put “Finance and Compliance Officer ” in the subject line of your email.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job