Field Operations Coordinator
About the organization
Who are we?
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
It takes a village to bring best-in-class, ever-evolving camp programs to over 30,000 campers each summer. At HQ, we believe that we are Galileo; through the work of each contributor and team, we bring our values to life, and constantly make our company and culture better. People who work hard, seek feedback to improve their work and themselves, feel deeply accountable for excellent work product, and play very, very well with others tend to thrive in our culture.
WHAT'S THE JOB LIKE?
The Field Operations Coordinator is a project and systems dynamo, who enjoys both putting things in order managing details in support of the success of a team.
• You’ll provide dazzling overall admin support to the Field Operations team, including everything from coordinating schedules to email communications management to payroll and expense tracking and reporting.
• You’ll impeccably track vital data and content through creating and manipulating Salesforce reports, synthesizing and preparing reports in Excel and PowerPoint, and cataloging a digital photo and video library.
• You’ll be an integral member of event-planning projects, managing travel logistics, securing venues, negotiating contracts, preparing materials and supplies, and serving as the on-site contact during assigned events.
• You’ll be the epitome of concierge service to our teams. You’ll masterfully answer and respond to various inquiries and dispatch requests for support from our on-location camp teams, all while exuding confidence, know-how, and cheer.
• You’ll consistently support the creation, maintenance, and execution of annual team workplans, ensuring overall functional success.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 1-2 years experience in an administrative role preferred, but not required
• Computer savvy, with solid command of both Microsoft and Google Suites
• The ability to quickly learn new systems; experience with Salesforce report creation and advanced Excel • knowledge a plus
• Inclusive mindset, with a deep commitment to building diverse environments
• Experience and comfort with soliciting and implementing feedback to improve performance
Contact email: [email protected]
SCHEDULE &TIME COMMITMENT
• 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday
• This role has potential to either be:
• Full-time/seasonal (August-May), if the ideal candidate is either a Galileo Camp Director or Galileo summer staffer
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
• Employee medical and dental benefits provided by Galileo; employee-paid dependent care and multiple ancillary benefits available.
• Generous parental leave and extensive support with leave planning.
• 401(k) provided after one year of employment; current Galileo contribution is 3%, with an employee contribution option.
• We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need; 20 personal days per year.
• We offer a significant camp discount to year-round and seasonal employees
Galileo Learning Headquarters, 1021 Third Street, Oakland, CA 94607
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job