Fellow, Business Development & Operations, Nigeria
About the organization
Impact Water is a for-profit, social enterprise dedicated to providing safe drinking water solutions at scale. We sell high-performing water purification systems to social institutions (like schools, hospitals and health clinics) and workplaces, often with multiyear financing so that providing safe, great tasting drinking water to students, patients and employees is easier than ever.
In just over four years, we have sold and installed water purification systems in over 20,000 schools, benefiting over 8 million students (with close to half of this impact generated in Nigeria alone). In the next two years, we expect to add more than 20,000+ new schools to our impact portfolio. We are a global Kiva partner, a Yunus Social Business (YSB) Investee, a winner of the ‘Best Business Act’ for Billion Acts of Peace, and we were recently selected to model an innovative impact bond called the Social Success Note in partnership with UBS Optimus Foundation, Rockefeller Foundation and YSB.
We are seeking an aspiring social entrepreneur to serve as a 2-year Fellow in our fastest-growing country office, Impact Water Nigeria. This position will hold significant levels of responsibility in multiple areas of the business over time, including sales, marketing, business strategy and execution, operations, and monitoring and evaluation, and will have the potential for advancement to longer-term leadership positions within the company (national and/or global level).
Specific position responsibilities include:
• Increase revenue and social impact by contributing to the development and launch of new products and services; lead new account acquisition for existing product lines
• Serve as an in-house champion for the use of Salesforce (will receive training and guidance); strengthen order cycle management and use of performance metrics
• Manage periodic carbon monitoring surveys in coordination with global teams; assist in water quality testing plan
• Contribute to the continuous development and execution of responsive and appropriate operations management systems (procurement, inventory, installations, maintenance and repair, customer service, impact measurement)
• Represent the company to a diverse group of clients and stakeholders, including business partners, schools, health facilities, NGOs, and various levels of government
• Help advance an entrepreneurial company culture that develops and implements ideas in support of innovation and scale
• Degree in business (accounting, finance or marketing), economics, or international relations; or another field complimented by demonstrated entrepreneurial talent
• Fluency in both written and spoken English
• 1‐3+ years of work experience strongly preferred
• Strong business and financial experience with excellent quantitative and analytical skills
• Experience with managing new (and ideally growing) programs/projects and/or substantial client management experience preferred
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines and multitask
• Ambitious individual who can take initiative on new projects and demonstrate strong leadership
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• High level of creativity and the desire to develop new, innovative programs
• Superior relationship management skills and the ability to hold external parties accountable to tight deadlines
• Passion for entrepreneurial approaches to global development challenges
• Interest in working and living in a bustling African capital city and contributing to the success of a scaling, innovative safe water start-up
• Must possess grit, emotional intelligence and a good sense of humor
Contact email: [email protected]
Please email a one-page cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Use the subject “Business Development & Operations Fellow” in all e‐mail correspondence. No phone calls or posted mail applications, please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Impact Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply