Farmers Market Manager
About the organization
Founded in 2011 by Jenna Huntsberger, Whisked! is a woman-owned bakery located in Washington, DC. Specializing in Cookies & Pies - all our products are Fresh-Made, locally, from scratch, using Real & Simple ingredients - that's Whisked!
Whisked! is looking for enthusiastic and hardworking folks to help with Farmer Markets in Washington, DC specifically markets in Mount Pleasant, 14th & U Street, Bloomingdale, and The Palisades.
We're a homegrown hit and are always looking for help sharing the joy our treats bring. Our Farmers Market are an important sales and marketing vehicle for our company.
Our Farmers Market Managers will be responsible for all aspects of our Farmers Market operations. Each will staff one or several of our local markets, promoting our baked goods, representing Whisked! to the public, making sales and transacting business. Markets operate from 8:00am - 1:30pm on Saturdays & Sundays throughout the year.
Our Farmers Market Managers must -
1. Have a valid driver's license and a way to get to and from markets
2. Be comfortable driving a cargo van, if necessary
3. Be able to arrive to the market by 8am on market days (Saturdays and/or Sundays)
4. Be able to load and unload market stuff/equipment (tent, tables, coolers full of pie, etc.)
5. Have a 'smart' phone (We process credit card transactions using the Square app)
6. Have sales/retail experience
7. Be available to work 2-4 days per month
8. Be able to commit to a full market season (the 'main' season is May through November, the Winter season is December through April)
9. Have good 'people' skills
10. Be good at overcoming what life throws your way (rain, wind, heat, cold)
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply