Farmers Market Manager
About the organization
Founded in 2011 by Jenna Huntsberger, Whisked! is a woman-owned bakery located in Capitol Heights, MD. Specializing in Cookies & Pies - all our products are fresh-made, locally, from scratch, using Real & Simple ingredients - that's Whisked!
Whisked! is looking for enthusiastic and hardworking folks to help with Farmers Markets in Washington, DC specifically markets in Mount Pleasant, 14th & U Street, Bloomingdale, and The Palisades.
We're a homegrown hit and are always looking for help sharing the joy our treats bring. Our Farmers Markets are an important sales and marketing vehicle for our company.
Our Farmers Market Managers will be responsible for all aspects of our Farmers Market operations. Each will staff one or several of our local markets, promoting our baked goods, representing Whisked! to the public, making sales and transacting business. Shifts are from 7:30am – approx. 2:00pm on Saturdays & Sundays throughout the year.
Our Farmers Market Managers must -
1. A way to get to and from markets
2. Be able to arrive to the market as early as 7:30 am on market days (Saturdays and/or Sundays)
3. Be able to load and unload market stuff/equipment (tent, tables, coolers full of pie, etc.)
4. Have a 'smart' phone (We process credit card transactions using the Square app)
5. Have sales/retail experience
6. Be available to work 2-4 days per month
7. Be able to commit to a full market season (the 'main' season is May through November the Winter season is December through April)
8. Have good 'people' skills
9. Be good at overcoming what life throws your way (rain, wind, heat, cold)
$140 per shift plus ‘Trading Allowance’ (aka Cookies & Pies that you can take home or trade with other vendors for the coffee, produce, meats, cheese, etc. that they bring to the market)
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply