FAMILY TEACHER (Life Skills Educator)
Mooseheart Child City & School
About the organization
Mooseheart is a residential childcare facility, located on a 1,000-acre campus 38 miles west of Chicago. The Child City is a home for children and teens in need, from infancy through high school.
Dedicated in July 1913 by the Moose fraternal organization, Mooseheart cares for youth whose families are unable, for a wide variety of reasons, to care for them.
Provides direct care for at-risk youth in a safe and caring family style living environment. Family Teachers use rational problem-solving techniques to teach youth critical thinking skills, assist with behavioral problems, and guide through personal issues. Family Teachers have the unique opportunity to provide youth with a positive second chance, introduce them to new experiences, and provide examples of proud parenting, family dynamic, and healthy relationships. Mooseheart is looking for qualified Individuals & Married Couples who want to foster the idea of healthy growth & success in our youth.
Family Teacher Schedule:
• 5 days on, 2 days off (with 1 extra day every 4 weeks)
• Mornings: Prepare youth for the school day
• School Daytime: Attend meetings, trainings, paperwork, grocery shopping, or enjoy personal time
• Afternoons & Evenings: extracurriculars, chores, homework, dinner, family time, teaching to youth behaviors, & relaxation
• Weekends & Summer: breakfast, lunch, & dinner, recreation, enrichments, outings, & relaxation
Family Teachers work closely & extensively with other Mooseheart staff to foster student success and help build a community of dedicated caregivers. They also handle other necessary tasks such as budgeting, administering medications, schedule student medical appointments, driving, etc.
• At least 21 years of age
• High School Degree or equivalent
• Valid Driver's License with a good driving record
• Abide by a smoke free & weapon free campus policy
• Passing required background and Psychological Evaluation
• Ability to attend a 3-week paid training on campus
43,500 - 45,000 + Room and Board
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job