Fall Intern - Economic Development & Health Programs
Partners of the Americas
About the organization
Partners of the Americas is an international grassroots organization that connects individuals and organizations to serve and change lives through lasting partnerships in the Western Hemisphere. The Economic Development & Health (EDH) team manages a portfolio of USAID-funded programs that provide technical assistance to agricultural producers, organizations, and agribusinesses, and support nutrition and food security in Latin America and the Caribbean.
EDH intern responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review Baseline and Monitoring and Evaluation Data for quality/completeness and help keep
M&E database up-to-date;
- Research and analyze agricultural value chain opportunities in Latin American countries;
- Draft summaries of the status of Latin American countries and their agriculture sectors;
- Investigate business development opportunities in the field of agriculture and food security;
- Draft and disseminate press releases to relevant media outlets;
- Assist with the review of volunteer scopes of work and edit/translate as needed;
- Help collect and process volunteer trip reports, recommendation forms, and expense reports;
- Review volunteer trip reports and input relevant database information;
- Help manage EDH social media accounts (i.e., Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.);
- Assist with the preparation of EDH publications and reports as needed;
- Draft and post blog stories each week on program blogs;
- Attend public meetings and events on relevant agricultural and other topics hosted by local
organizations and think tanks;
- Other duties as assigned.
Interns often have the opportunity to work with or participate in activities of other Partners programs. A small stipend will be provided.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Strong writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Spanish proficiency preferred but not required
Contact email: [email protected]
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and a relevant writing sample to Stephanie Verganza at [email protected] Please note that only finalists will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job