Executive Director (Principal) School Year 2022-2023 (California Bay Area)
Summit Public Schools
About the organization
Who We Are
What if all students graduated high school with the knowledge, skills and habits they need to lead a fulfilled life? This is the question that guides our mission at Summit Public Schools.
Summit is a leading network of public schools that prepare a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society. We operate 14 schools serving over 4,500 students in the Bay Area and Washington state. 100% of Summit graduates are college ready and Summit graduates complete college at double the national average.
We need exceptional, diverse, and mission-aligned teachers to join our team to help prepare our students for a fulfilled life. Join us!
The Executive Director is in charge of ensuring that the mission and vision of the school is implemented effectively, ensuring that academic programs accelerate positive outcomes for all students.
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of running a school. This includes providing instructional leadership to faculty, managing the on-site operations and administrative duties, supporting student enrollment, and cultivating a strong anti-bias, anti-racist school culture. The Executive Director will also foster relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to meet budgetary, academic, talent and operational goals.
The ideal candidate is an experienced school leader and educator with an expertise in leading successful school environments, coaching teams of faculty and staff, and meeting student outcomes. Familiarity with Summit Learning or personalized learning is strongly preferred.
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A Master’s Degree in Education, Educational Leadership, or similar program is required.
- Prior experience in school leadership is required.
- A Teaching Credential in California or another US state is required, as is prior teaching experience.
- An Administrative Credential in California or another US State is required.
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Clear health and background check.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job