Executive Director, FilmAid
About the organization
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. We seek to realize the potential of a digitally connected world: a world in which evidence-based information advances human progress, enables broad opportunity and accountability, and fuels vibrant civic debate.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. We have proudly incubated hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped these partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
Internews is seeking a creative, collaborative film professional to build our FilmAid brand and portfolio through crafting innovative partnerships with the global film industry that leverage our in-country programs around the world; building a community of practices amongst up-and-coming global filmmakers from those countries; and leading outreach and designing fundraising activities to advance this work.
We are seeking a unique individual who loves film and believes in the power of storytelling to create significant and lasting impact in the world. The ideal candidate has deep ties to the film industry, and the ability to leverage those connections to support young filmmakers from Kenya to Ukraine, from Colombia to Afghanistan. This includes creating opportunities for exposure for their films, accessing expert talent for capacity building, raising financial support, and designing and implementing context-specific programs in scores of communities across the globe. A typical week might see you hosting a panel discussion for interested donors, coaching a young filmmaker in Zimbabwe, writing a proposal for a project in Thailand, working with our external affairs team to connect our work to larger film festivals, or piloting approaches for film camps.
To learn more, please visit our Careers page.
- At least 5 years' experience in film-making, programming, non-profit arts event planning, film exhibitions and events, film production or other relevant position required; international experience highly desired.
- Deep interest in cinema and film-making, and passionate believer in the power of film and story-telling to change lives;
- Demonstrated experience in project management, including designing proposals, running programs, setting goals and managing budgets.
- Ability to turn ideas into action quickly, and to integrate film into a large media and information nonprofit;
- Deep relationships within the film industry, including associations, festivals, talent, philanthropy, etc.; ability to draw upon existing relationships to forge partnerships;
- Demonstrated success in fundraising/sponsorship and individual giving;
- Dynamic stage presence and comfort with public speaking to represent FilmAid and Internews at external and industry events;
- Experience in film festival programming preferred.
For more, please visit our Careers page.
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a Cover Letter on our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1352
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job