Give Us Wings
About the organization
Give Us Wings is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization that works at the grassroots level with adults and children in rural Uganda. We support community development projects that focus on improving their access to quality health care, education and economic opportunities. Give Us Wings has been working in east Africa since 1999.
Give Us Wings encourages, supports and partners with people living in extreme poverty in Uganda as they transform their lives and become self-sufficient through great access to quality health care, education and economic opportunities.
Organizational and strategic leadership.
• Set the strategic direction for Give Us Wings’ mission, vision and goals in collaboration with the Board of Directors, staff and stakeholders.
• Foster a culture of accountability, effective internal communication, professionalism and creativity.
• Represent the mission and programs of Give Us Wings to the public, funders and partners in the US and in Uganda.
• Lead the fundraising and grant writing efforts to ensure that we achieve annual fundraising targets.
Board relations - work closely with the board to set strategic goals
Staff direction and management in the US and Uganda - supervise and support staff and
volunteers, including the Uganda Country Program Director, travel to Uganda to visit sites and
Fundraising, resource development and community outreach - supervise and assist in designing
and implementing fundraising events and campaigns that meet annual fundraising goals,
develop and maintain strong relationships with donors, volunteers foundations, faith-based
communities and the business community
Financial management - develop and monitor annual budgets, ensure compliance with all financial and legal requirements, report bi-monthly to the board regarding the organizations financial status
The Board is seeking highly qualified candidates who can lead the organization with vision, skill and creativity.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent education or experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• 3 or more years of progressive management experience in a non-profit organization, in areas that include, but are not limited to financial stewardship, human resources, donor development, fundraising and program management.
• Knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit organizations.
• Skilled fundraiser able to maintain and grow our donor base and financial resources.
• Experience living and working in a foreign country, preferred but not required.
• Adaptable: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
• Effective Relationship Builder: Establish and maintain positive working relationships to achieve the goals of the organization.
• Strategic Thinker: Determines strategies to move the organization forward. Sets priorities, develops a strategy based on trends and conditions and the vision and values of the organization, monitors progress, tracks and evaluates relevant data.
• Cultural Acuity: Awareness of cultural differences and ability to identify how one's own background impacts their lens. Ability to develop effective working relationships in cross-cultural environments and and international office.
$55,000 - $60,000 DOE
Contact email: [email protected]
Please apply online here: https://giveuswings.org/careers. If you have questions that would impact your interest in applying, please email [email protected] Please include a resume and a cover letter that answers these three questions:
1. How your experience in non-profit organizations and/or leadership can contribute to this job role; and
2. How do you connect with the mission and values of Give Us Wings?
3. Why are you interested in leading Give Us Wings?
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job