Evaluation & Research Associate
About the organization
School-to-School International (STS) is a nonprofit organization based in Pacifica, California committed to improving the lives and learning of girls and boys worldwide through thoughtful research, practice, and partnerships. For more than a decade, we have partnered with individuals, government ministries, nongovernmental organizations, private foundations, and research institutions to improve the quality of children’s learning through educational research and integrated support solutions for children in primary school. We have worked in more than 40 countries across the globe providing assistance in research and evaluation, curriculum and training, and policy and planning.
• Serve as Technical Lead or Technical Advisor on project teams in support of monitoring, evaluation, research and learning (MERL) activities on external international education projects
• Lead or support the development of MERL design documents for external clients, including but not limited to, Theory of Change, Causal Tree Analysis, Fidelity of Implementation frameworks, Log Frames, Results Framework, Research Questions, and Evaluation Design Plans.
• Lead or support the development of quantitative and qualitative data collection instruments to meet project measurement and analytic needs
• Lead or support data intake, including leading data processing activities, data cleaning, file preparation and planning for analysis
• Lead or support all documentation processes in the analysis and reporting of data, including creating appropriate applications and syntax in software such as R, Stata, and SPSS.
• Lead or support qualitative and quantitative data analysis and reporting
• Conduct quality control of data analysis tools and processes
• Produce, review and/or finalize reports, presentations and other deliverables
• Support sharing of technical work internally and externally, including disseminating and discussing evaluation findings through written reports, articles, publications, and conference presentations
• Contribute to the overall STS strategic plan and organizational learning
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Master’s degree required in international development, economics, statistics, research methods, political science, public policy, social science, or a related field.
• A minimum of four years of relevant experience required.
• Experience with Early Grade Reading Assessment (EGRA), Early Grade Mathematics Assessment (EGMA), and/or Snapshot of School Management Effectiveness (SSME) development preferred.
• Experience in the statistical analysis using statistical software such as R, Stata, SPSS and/or nVivo.
• Professional proficiency in written and spoken English is required; ability to work in French is a plus.
• Expertise in technical report writing required.
• Willingness to travel up to 25% travel required
• U.S. work authorization required; STS is not able to sponsor employment visas
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit a resume/CV and cover letter describing your interest and qualifications to [email protected] with the subject line “[Research & Evaluation Associate].” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job