ESL Program Coordinator
Tanzanian Children's Fund
About the organization
The Tanzanian Children's Fund works to ensure that all children and families in the Karatu
region of northern Tanzania lead healthy and productive lives and have the opportunity to become
positive agents of change for their country. In order to achieve our goals, TCF provides a loving and
permanent home for marginalized children at the Rift Valley Children's Village. However, TCF also recognizes that the best way to promote the well-being of all children is to provide access to high-quality education, free healthcare, and microfinance trainings and loans to the entire community. Our innovative, multi-pronged approach to addressing systemic poverty is what has enabled us to have a deep impact and catalyze real and lasting change.
The Tanzanian Children’s Fund is seeking a native English speaker with at least two years of ESOL/ESL/ELL experience and at least one year of training experience to work for the Rift Valley Children’s Fund in rural Tanzania. Our ESL Program Coordinator will play a key role within RVCF’s Education Department to improve the English Language competency of students as well as equip teachers with the skills and knowledge to be high quality teachers in English Language across multiple Education Faculties in the Oldeani Ward (Pre-Primary, Primary and Secondary).
Founded by India Howell and Peter Leon Mmassy in 2004, the Rift Valley Children’s Village operates in partnership with the Tanzanian Children’s Fund (TCF) and is a loving and permanent home to 102 children. RVCV is located in a remote and impoverished village in the Karatu District, adjacent to the Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
The primary goal of this position is to build teachers’ capacity to teach English and students’ ability to learn English in order to bring about greater learning outcomes for students, positioning them for future educational and professional success. There will also be a secondary component requiring you to teach students directly and also model effective teaching and learning strategies to various education stakeholders in Oldeani Ward.
To learn more please visit our listing: https://tanzanian-children-s-fund.breezy.hr/p/63740226d570-esl-program-coordinator
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
● Is a native English speaker
● Can commit to one year of living and working in a remote area
● Takes initiative in a professional environment with minimal supervision
● Has at least one-year experience in developing and leading trainings
● Has experience in coaching individuals to reach their goals
● Has earned a Bachelor’s Degree and a teaching certification for TEFL
● Has a minimum of 2 years teaching experience
● Has worked/studied/lived overseas or taught in cross-cultural contexts
● Has experience in creating needs-based curricula and syllabi
● Possesses a strong work ethic
● Enjoys engaging with children of all ages, faculty and volunteers in both a formal and informal capacity
● Approaches challenges with a positive outlook
● Has a high level of organization and communication skills
● Possesses a strong sense of cultural competency, intuition, and empathy
● Has some knowledge of Swahili or East African culture/history
Contact email: [email protected]
Applications without a resume and cover letter will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job