ESL, Language Arts, Social Studies, Elementary, Middle, and High school teacher.
International School of Tegucigalpa
About the organization
VISION: TO BE A LEADING, CHRIST-CENTERED, INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL DEDICATED TO TRANSFORMING HONDURAS.
MISSION: TO PROVIDE A CHRIST-CENTERED, BILINGUAL, MULTICULTURAL, 21 CENTURY, AMERICAN STANDARDS-BASED EDUCATION IN A COLLABORATIVE, ENGAGING AND PERSONALIZED LEARNING ENVIRONMENT.
Work week: Monday to Friday, 7-3:30. August 15th - June 14th (school year)
aid person’s daily working schedule is from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
2. Said person must attend and be an active member of a local Christian Evangelical church.
3. Said person must participate in and attend student chapel which will be scheduled beforehand.
4. Said person will attend teacher meetings the first three Thursdays of every month from 1:45-3:30 p.m.; and he/she will attend a monthly General Teachers’ Meeting (GTM), the fourth Thursday of every month from 1:45 p.m. until 4:15p.m.
5. Said person will be involved in a club during at least one quarter.
6. Said person must keep his/her classes updated on the IST Web platform.
7. Said person will consistently use the teacher technology and interactive boards provided to him/her by IST. For further instructions, please refer to the teacher`s manual.
8. Said person will comply with the school dress code at all times.
9. Said person will not be permitted to extend school holidays (neither before nor after the dates specified in the school calendar). Days missed will be deducted from the monthly pay check.
University degree in any discipline. Some teaching experience required.
20,000 Lempira per month. Housing provided. Airfare reimbursement.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job