Equal Opportunity Specialist
Department of Housing and Urban Development
About the organization
Exciting opportunities are available for highly motivated individuals who value public service and justice. HUD seeks highly qualified individuals who are willing to meet the challenges of public service and support our mission. We offer a generous benefits package, a student loan repayment program, and we support a healthy work/life balance. HUD offers you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to gain insight into housing policy and community development. This position is located in the Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity (FHEO). FHEO’s mission is to eliminate housing discrimination, promote economic opportunity, and achieve diverse, inclusive communities by leading the nation in the enforcement, administration, development, and public understanding of federal fair housing policies and laws. FHEO protects people from housing discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and familial status.
• Perform intake assessment and/or investigation, conciliation, and resolution of complex, highly sensitive and difficult allegations of housing discrimination. Investigations involve gathering and evaluating documentary evidence and witness interviews which culminate in a detailed decision document that analyzes the facts and applicability of federal laws FHEO enforces.
• Perform reviews of the fair housing policies and practices of HUD-funded recipients (e.g. Public Housing Authorities, Assisted Housing, and other HUD-subsidized housing programs) to secure compliance under Title VI, Section 109, Section 504, Title II of ADA, and Executive Order 11063.
• Be involved in assessing program effectiveness in given localities by reviewing fair housing program plans for consistency with program.
• Undertake a wide variety of complex assignments which may be in the areas of enforcement, grants monitoring, compliance and/or program operations.
• To qualify for GS-12, you must have specialized experience at the next lower grade.
• A Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, LLM, or three full years of progressively higher education leading to such a degree, may be substituted at the GS-11 for specialized experience.
• A master’s degree or J.D. may be substituted at the GS-09 for specialized experience.
Contact email: [email protected]
**Must have NCE that is current to apply. Please email your resume, cover letter, and NCE documentation to Amy Frisk by 2/21/2020 to be considered for a position.
Hiring for two positions in Chicago.
Relocation will not be paid for, but generous benefits package and flexible work schedules, including telework, are available.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply