Equal Opportunity Investigator
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
About the organization
The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is composed of a highly motivated and diverse team dedicated to the agency's mission of preventing and remedying unlawful employment discrimination and advancing equal opportunity for all in the workplace. Come join us to make a difference!
EEOC has similar vacancies across the entire United States.
As an EEOC Equal Opportunity Investigator, you will investigate cases for the lead civil rights agency responsible for enforcing federal laws that prohibit employment discrimination based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability and genetic information. Additional responsibilities include:
•Interviewing members of the public who contact EEOC because they believe they have been discriminated against in the workplace.
•Drafting written investigative plans identifying bases and issues involved in the charge, the applicable theories of law, and the scope of the investigation.
•Obtaining documentary and testimonial evidence such as applications and payroll documents that are relevant to issues under investigation.
For the GS-7 level you may qualify in the following ways:
1) Experience: working in areas requiring that you determine facts, analyze issues, and interview witnesses, such as investigating employment discrimination or other kinds of charges/complaints, labor relations, human resources or law enforcement. OR
2) Superior academic achievement (S.A.A.) - you must have completed the requirements for a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution AND must meet certain GPA requirements. OR
3) One full year of graduate level education in a related field.
For the GS-9 level you may qualify in the following ways:
1) Experience: conducting formal investigations using a variety of investigative methods, determining such things as the documentary evidence needed to conduct the investigation.
2) A master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related.
GS-7: 47,854 - 62, 212; GS-9: 58,535 - 76,094
Contact email: [email protected]
2) Transcripts (if qualifying based on education)
3) Peace Corps NCE documentation
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply